If you already installed Luma3DS do not use this guide, otherwise you might brick! You can check this,
by holding (Select) on boot and see if the Luma config menu shows up. If it does, this means you already have Custom
Section I - DSiWare Game
this list if you already have any of the listed games. If you do, great, continue on with
Additionally, it also works with any of the following four games:
- "Legends of Exidia"
- "Guitar Rock Tour"
- "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords"
- Press L+R in the HOME Menu to activate the camera
- Press the QR Code button on the bottom screen
- Scan any QR Code from the website linked above, making sure it is a game from your region
- Launch the eShop from the prompt (update your 3DS if necessary), buy the game and download it
Section II - Dumping Your Game
- Power on your 3DS
- Open System Settings, navigate to Data Management > DSiWare
- Under System Memory, tap your game and tap "Copy"
- Exit out of System Settings and power off your 3DS
Section III - Getting your ID0 and dsiware.bin
- Power off your 3DS
- Insert your SD Card into your PC and open the
Nintendo 3DS folder
- You will now find one or multiple folders with 32-character-long names
- If you only have one then skip this step
You should now see one folder with a 32-character-long name (see picture below).
- Navigate one folder up so you can see the
Nintendo 3DS folder again
- Rename your
Nintendo 3DS folder to
Nintendo BACKUP by right-clicking it and selecting "Rename"
- Put the SD Card back into your 3DS and power it on
Wait for it to generate its data on your SD Card
- Power off your 3DS and insert the SD Card back into your PC
- Open the
Nintendo 3DS folder
The name of this folder is your ID0 -
- If you did
NOT skip step 4, delete the
Nintendo 3DS folder and rename the
Nintendo BACKUP folder back to
Your ID0 > 32-character-long name >
You will find one or more
XXXXXXXX.bin files. If you have multiple ones, go back to the website from Section I and find the ID of the game you bought
Copy the .bin file somewhere you can remember. For example, your desktop
(Recommended) I do not have a friend with access to the homebrew launcher and would like someone to help me.
I do have a friend with access to the homebrew launcher and a somewhat good graphics card (Windows only!).